Pages

Happy Book

When I was away on my travels, I was introduced to the concept of a 'Happy Book' by one of my new friends.

The idea is that in your happy book, every day you have to write down at least one thing that made you happy. Of course, it's your book so if you had an amazing day and want to scribble all the details then go ahead! The only rule is that you have to write down at least one thing that made you happy that day.

I just thought this was a great way to really appreciate the things that matter to you, and remind you that even on those days where you feel a bit down or maybe haven't done anything exciting that at least something has made you happy - whether it's settling down to watch your favourite tv show, eating something delicious or having a hug from a loved one (these have all been entries of mine).

For me this has been great, as I've done it since I got back from my holiday and I am currently in a state of limbo, living at my parents and working a part-time job until I hopefully get a more appropriate graduate job. So I have had moments where I haven't felt great, or days where I haven't done too much but every day I have found a moment to go in my Happy Book and I fully intend to keep this up.


I've been writing everything down in one of these cute notepads I picked up from a stall in Bangkok - my first one is rapidly filling up!

What would be your Happy Book entry for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment